Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 1996 10:47:24 GMT+0100
From:      "Kees Jan Koster" <Kees.Koster@nym.sc.philips.com>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SOYO SY-30F2 blues

> Short answer: Try to get a PCI BIOS update for
> your motherboard. The current version is buggy
> if it assigns the same mappings to different
> devices!

Do you happen to have an ftp pointer? I have very limited internet
access, sorry. My motherboard is a SOYO SY-30F2 with an Award Modular
bios v4.50G.

> The code in pci_alloc() will never be implemented,
[... useful information omitted

> Sorry, but there is hardly any generic way to solve
> your problem in a device driver. I can send you a
> fix, which will modify the NCR address to any value
> you choose, but you will have to compile that address
> into your kernel, which precludes its use on other
> FreeBSD systems. (Ok. I can make it dependent on the
> specific characteristics of your system, but there
> will never be an official version that includes that
> patch.)

Yes please, that patch would be extremely welcome. I tried to hack
the kernel to do that, but I found I don't know enough about the pci
handling stuff to do so.