Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:12:26 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.org>
To:        Sander Vesik <sander.vesik@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Assuming We Want FreeBSD to Grow: Who Is It For?

Sander Vesik wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:33:22 +0100, Julian H. Stacey <jhs@berklix.org> wrote:
> >
> > Much hot air on advocacy@ does not qualify.  Let's
> >         - Tell people to move to chat@freebsd.org.
> >         - Report offenders to postmaster@freebsd.org for blocking.
> >         - Request postmaster@freebsd.org appends to list definition:
> >             "Not for arguing about what FreeBSD is or where it should go."
> >           (developers on current@ etc, are unpaid, & advocacy@ people
> >           have no right to direct what FreeBSD is & will be.)
>
> I think its hould be slightly more openly worded - for example,
> discussions (i mean rational discussions with technical details) of
> what FreeBSD is may be in some warranted - consider for example
> producing materials to promote the use of FreeBSD in embedded systems
> or similar.

OK, fine. Could you (or someone else) please suggest exact words to
replace current http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-advocacy
	Furthering the Use of FreeBSD. Share ideas and plan to
	increase the number of companies and individuals using FreeBSD.
Once a number of us back a tighter list definition, we can send
it to postmaster@freebsd.org to request it be the official list definition.
.. & then use it to tell windy people to go to chat@ or be blocked off list.
Thanks

-
Julian Stacey        Net & Sys Eng Consultant, Munich       http://berklix.com
Mail in Ascii (Html=Spam).  Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.