Date:      Fri, 02 Aug 2002 15:04:11 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Brian O' Regan" <diffi@ntlworld.ie>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MODE SENSE BIG

--==_Exmh_-1086193260P

If memory serves me right, "Brian O' Regan" wrote:
> acd0: READ_BIG command timeout - resetting
>     ata1: resetting devices .. done
>
> I have had this problem for some months now on boot,
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.6R/errata.html
>
> Gave some work arounds but did say they may not work in all cases, they
> didn't in my case it goes on to say.
>
> This problem has been corrected in FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE snapshots.

What I meant to write was that this was fixed in *recent* 4.6-STABLE
snapshots (after about 31 July).  I'll put a date in when I get a
chance.

> Again it doesn't seem to be in my case,
> is this problem still being looked into or ?

Are you using something later than this?  As far as I know, 4.6-STABLE
after 31 July contains all ata(4) fixes.

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-1086193260P

--==_Exmh_-1086193260P--