Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 96 23:56:07 GMT
From:      Tom Crummey (ADM) <tom@uces.bangor.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATAPI CDROM under FreeBSD-960130-SNAP

Hello,

With FreeBSD-2.1.0 I had my ATAPI CDROM working. With a patch I discovered
in the archives I even had it playing music.

With FreeBSD-960130-SNAP it doesn't probe unless I have ATAPI-STATIC
defined in the kernel config file. When I add that option, it probes,
but fails to mount or play music. I already have ATAPI defined with
the wcd0 device.

For mounting I get:

/dev/wcd0c on /mnt: Incorrect super block.

For music I get:

ioctl(cdromplaymsftrk): Input/output error

as xcdplayer counts through the tracks after I press the play button.

I appreciate that the SNAP is not guaranteed to work, but I would
welcome any pointers to stupid mistakes I have made, or kernel config
options that I don't know about....

I have the CD as the master device on the second IDE bus and have not
defined any wd drives on this bus.

Also, thanks to all who have contributed to FreeBSD and made it an
excellent UNIX OS.

--
Tom.

 Tom Crummey,                    EMAIL: tom@uces.bangor.ac.uk |     /\
 University of Wales, Bangor,                                 |    /  \/\
 Unit for Coastal and Estuarine Studies,                      | /\/    \ \
 Ynys Faelog, Menai Bridge,           TEL: +44 (0)1248 713808 |/  ======\=\
 Gwynedd, LL59 5EY, U.K.              FAX: +44 (0)1248 716729 | B A N G O R