Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2002 21:06:00 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Willie Viljoen <will@laserfence.net>
To:        dak <aurelien.nephtali@wanadoo.fr>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound problems

dak, if your laptop's BIOS has a setting similar to "Plug and Play OS",
turn it off.

I've had that problem on a dekstop machine, where the BIOS only allocates
resources for the first four PCI devices (this includes on-board devices)
in the system, and leaves the OS to do the rest.

With Plug and Play OS turned off, the BIOS allocates all resources, and
the sound card will be able to map again.

Will

--
Willie Viljoen
Private IT Consultant