Date:      Sat, 15 May 2004 07:05:23 -0400
From:      Bob Collins <bobc@anything-inc.com>
To:        "..dusan." <skrat@hysteria.sk>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PC Card

..dusan. wrote:
> hi. can somebody tell me why I can't pccardd? pccardd outputs error message
> that there are no pc card slots.. but in dmesg I fount creation of 2 pccard
> slots.. where's the problem.? And one more thing.. anytime I insert PC Card
> into slot, system completely freezes.. If I have a card already inserted in
> slot during boot, the system hangs with:
> Mount root from ufs:/dev/ad0s2a

Could be a number of things, more information is required to help. What
version of FreeBSD are you running? What is the hardware you run it on,
Dell, IBM, Sony, etc? Have you compiled pccard support into your kernel?
Is your pccard chipset supported, you did look it up on the FreeBSD
mobile pages, no?

--Bob