Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 00:40:33 +0100 (CET)
From:      Ronald Klop <ronald@node11a94.a2000.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   share swapdisk with win95

Hello,

I tried the following with succes.

Disk wd1 is a dos formatted disk with only my win95 swapfile on it.
I used 'swapon wd1' to make it a FreeBSD swap device. This works ok.
When I reboot to windows it doesn't complain and uses my wd1 as swap.
The rootdirectory has a lot of illegal filenames in it, but also a valid
swapfile and it looks like everything is oke.

Is this going to work for always? Is it this simple to share the disk?
Or wil it be better to write some valid sectors for the fat and rootdir.
when I shutdown FreeBSD. If yes, does this always work, because you cannot
stop FreeBSD using the swap.

I hope somebody can explain these to me,

Ronald.

--
Ronald Klop
http://node11a94.a2000.nl/~ronald/