Date:      Wed, 2 Sep 1998 18:55:22 +0200 (CEST)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        leo@wau.mis.ah.nl (Leo Weppelman)
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: called-back, rejects and auto hangup

Leo Weppelman wrote:

> When things are not working as they should, the actions in the log
> indicate that the reject never arrives at my machine at home. This means
> that at my end, the incoming call is not recognized because the connection
> entry is still active (still dialing....).

If i recall it correctly, a non-answered SETUP takes 8 seconds to cause
a reaction at the remote end. Then you should at least 10..12 seconds after
the initial call to the remote receive something. If not, something is
wrong, wherever it is.

> As fix (stop-gap) I modified i4b to just hangup the line after 2 seconds
> when dialing out on a calledback connection (see diff below).

This _might_ be an idea, but i find it a bit strange ...

> My question is, is this a reasonable/sensible thing to do? If it is, I
> think my patch should be expanded a bit with a tunable hangup time (0 ==
> no hangup).

If this is really a fix for your problem and does not overlay a bug in i4b
(or your PBX or so) then it seems to be something which can be added.

But i'm still not convinced it is good to add it, would you please send me
an isdntrace output for a failure ?

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                   Hamburg, Europe
  A duck is like a bicycle because they both have two wheels except the duck