Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2000 09:16:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        orion slevin <cuomo@cts.com>
Cc:        freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: how do you change the directory for kde help? kde doesn't find it

> orion slevin wrote:
> >
> > I have Freebsd 4.1 Release.
> > In KDE, when I select the help tab on an application,
> > It says Cannot open: /usr/local/share/doc/HTML/default/
> > html
>
> > but the actual help directory is:
> > /usr/local/share/doc/HTML/en/

Sorry it was late last night.  I just checked.

%ls -l /usr/local/share/doc/HTML/
total 2
lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel     2 Oct 30 00:35 default -> en
drwxr-xr-x  80 root  wheel  1536 Nov 11 18:15 en

Check if the documents are really there.  If they are it would be odd that
you can't access them.  Check permissions.
And is that what the error literally says? because there is no
/usr/local/share/doc/HTML/default/html
on my system, but I can access help just fine.

The files are in the en dir but can be accessed fine from default.  There
must have been no language specified or there was some confusion when you
installed.

> > How do I change the settings in KDE?
> > Thanks.

						Tim