Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 2002 23:53:54 +0100 (CET)
From:      Soeren Schmidt <sos@spider.deepcore.dk>
To:        Ronald G Minnich <rminnich@lanl.gov>
Cc:        "."@babolo.ru, David Nicholas Kayal <davek@saturn5.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Show me the light

It seems Ronald G Minnich wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 .@babolo.ru wrote:
>
> > As far as I remember, there is open collector output
> > on parallel port, so your wish impossible %-)
>
> oops, I forgot that little deal. Yup, you need a pullup.

Only the control signals are OC, the databits are tri state.
Actually, depending on how many databits one needs, the
rest can be used to provide a usable powersupply when they are set to '1'.
I use that for an 8chan AD converter that then fit into the parport
plug housing and no need for an external power supply.
But beware the current you can get this way is very limitted...

-Søren