Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2001 15:32:25 -0800
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: swap-backed md-based /tmp to replace mfs-based one

Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> writes:
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2001 at 03:15:27PM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
> > It should be a wrapper called mount_mdfs or mount_mfs so people upgrading
> > can keep their /etc/fstab [mostly] the same.
>
> The latter would be best, IMO.

I wrote a program to do this, but noone showed very much interest on
-hackers.  The pros are that it makes it very convenient to do all
sorts of things with md without having to write different scripts to
do it.  The cons are that it "calls itself a mount_* but isn't a
mount_* since it just runs a bunch of programs", and that it breaks
`mount -p` because the filesystem shows up as "ufs" (which is
technically correct).  I'll post a URL to the code (it's a C program)
if someone wants to look at it.

					Dima Dorfman
					dima@unixfreak.org