Date:      Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:15:39 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@flat.berklix.net>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        jhs@berklix.com, Bernd Kopriva <bernd@kopriva.de>, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCP_COMPAT_42 support

Mike Silbersack wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Julian Stacey wrote:
> > Anyone know if modern FreeBSD still supports TCP_COMPAT_42 ?
> TCP_COMPAT_42 just tweaked how we generated TCP initial sequence numbers.
> The lack of it should not be impacting your ability to connect to machines
> of any vintage.
> Mike "Silby" Silbersack

Thanks Mike,
Well I fixed a local problem of parity on my FreeBSD end, by changing to
		XTerm*eightBitInput:            False
		XTerm*eightBitOutput:           False
		xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults
But rlogins & telnets to the 4.2BSD Symmetric still die after exiting
first command &/or time out within first minute. (& no timeout I
can see on rlogind on 4.2 end, but rlogins from 4.2 to FreeBSD run OK !
It used to work, I wonder what presumably I changed !

--
Julian Stacey.  Consultant Unix Net & Sys. Eng., Munich.  http://berklix.com
Mail in Ascii, HTML=spam.     Ihr Rauch = meine allergischen Kopfschmerzen.