Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 2000 08:58:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Greg Scott <gscott@guy.asimware.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DPT SmartRAID IV Not Recognised

> "1564U3" doesn't sound like a SmartRAID IV.  I think you may have
> mis-identified the adapter, and the FreeBSD code agrees with me. 8)

Says IV on the box :)

Anyways, I contacted Simon Shapiro who wrote the *bsd driver. He says it's
an i2o card and not an EATA card which the later releases of FreeBSD
support.. so he provided me with a version of 3.2 that has the i2o support
built into it and I am going to try that out today.

                        www.asimware.com
** Greg Scott,               **  Asimware Innovations Inc.  **
** Website Co-Ordinator      ** 600 Upper Wellington Unit D **
** Network Administrator     **  Hamilton, Ontario Canada   **
** gscott@asimware.com       **           L9A 3P9           **