Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:43:15 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiple PLISTs

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 09:18:32AM -0400, Will Andrews wrote:
> A PLIST.nodocs referenced as ${PLISTNODOC} or similar would be useful. Are
> there any other common PLIST types?

More and more ports are coming with (optional) GNOME support..

Things like this should be tied into Jeremy's optional dependency
work though.

Before we do anything, however, a sweep through the ports tree
looking for Makefile knobs and standardizing them should really
be done (ie: some ports use NOGNOME, others WITH_GNOME, some USE_GNOME,
and that's just the GNOMEish ports).

There are two approaches to this..  either all knobs turn extra
features on (USE_X11, USE_GTK, USE_GNOME, USE_KDE etc..), or we start
with everything on, and have knobs to turn bits off  (NO_X11,
NO_GNOME etc..)

I have no real preference either way, but I do know we need one
or the other and the longer we shy away from it, the harder the
job will be.

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.