Date:      Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:29:26 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@qubesoft.com>
Cc:        OKAZAKI Tetsurou <okazaki@FreeBSD.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/graphics/aalib

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 11:23:00AM +0000, Doug Rabson wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, OKAZAKI Tetsurou wrote:
>
> > In the message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0102011534520.40842-100000@doug02.qubesoft.com>
> > Doug Rabson <dfr@qubesoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I want to add the following minor patch to the aalib port. It corrects a
> > > typo in the header file which prevents aalib from being used from C++
> > > code. Any comments?
> >
> > This deserves to up PORTREVISION, doesn't it?
>
> I don't fully understand the uses of PORTREVISION but I doubt if it needs
> to be changed. This patch won't affect any existing C users of the port
> and it was previously impossible to use from C++ so there can't be any
> existing C++ users.

True, but this shall indicate to any *potential* C++ users that something
about the port has changed, and they might even take a peek at the logs
to see exactly what changed.

There are those like me who run cvsup with -L 2, and then read the output;
and then there are those who don't :)  It's for their benefit that
PORTREVISION exists - so that pkg_version can tell them that something
important changed, and they should spend some time wondering exactly what
it was :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Thit sentence is not self-referential because "thit" is not a word.