Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 2003 20:16:37 -0700
From:      "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@pinyon.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: STABLE->CURRENT rl fails

Thanks Robert,
I'm looking into this now.  Unfortunately, now the symptom is a
hard wedge on "large" transfers over rl0, no response to
anything obvious, other than hard reset.  So I'm seeing what I
can do to tickle it into something more informative.  That previous
dmesg quoted below I think was the result of leaving the system (in disgust)
wedged overnight.

Nope, any large transfers wedge the system tight, which ever
side initiates.  I waited for the background disk checks to
complete and then rebooted clean in between tests.  Very tedious.

Constant pings with occasional ntpd and dns client traffic
succeed fine overnight (last night) though.

System configured per advice...

I've run quite large transfers through this system on stable with
no issues at all, since June '02.

Best,
Russell

"large transfer" is $ cd /usr/ports/distfiles ; scp *.gz target:/usr/tmp

: