Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2005 02:52:31 +0200
From:      Sander Vesik <sander.vesik@gmail.com>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.org>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Assuming We Want FreeBSD to Grow: Who Is It For?

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:12:26 +0100, Julian H. Stacey <jhs@berklix.org> wrote:
> Sander Vesik wrote:
> > On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:33:22 +0100, Julian H. Stacey <jhs@berklix.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Much hot air on advocacy@ does not qualify.  Let's
> > >         - Tell people to move to chat@freebsd.org.
> > >         - Report offenders to postmaster@freebsd.org for blocking.
> > >         - Request postmaster@freebsd.org appends to list definition:
> > >             "Not for arguing about what FreeBSD is or where it should go."
> > >           (developers on current@ etc, are unpaid, & advocacy@ people
> > >           have no right to direct what FreeBSD is & will be.)
> >
> > I think its hould be slightly more openly worded - for example,
> > discussions (i mean rational discussions with technical details) of
> > what FreeBSD is may be in some warranted - consider for example
> > producing materials to promote the use of FreeBSD in embedded systems
> > or similar.
>
> OK, fine. Could you (or someone else) please suggest exact words to
> replace current http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-advocacy
>         Furthering the Use of FreeBSD. Share ideas and plan to
>         increase the number of companies and individuals using FreeBSD.
> Once a number of us back a tighter list definition, we can send
> it to postmaster@freebsd.org to request it be the official list definition.
> .. & then use it to tell windy people to go to chat@ or be blocked off list.
> Thanks

How about something along the lines of:

     Furthering the Use of FreeBSD. Share ideas and plan to increase
the number of
     companies and individuals using FreeBSD. Discussion of the
technical, govrenance
     or policy aspects of FreeBSD, its community and development
should only happen
     for clarifying said details for some document being written.

? The wording probably needs some more polish though.