Date:      Sat, 5 Jul 1997 19:49:28 +1000 (EST)
From:      Carey Nairn <cpn@ccd.tas.gov.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   set locale errors

hi all,

I have just upgraded from 2.1.6 to 2.2.2 and am now having locale
problems.  When I run perl programs I get the following errors...

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "us"

also, my shell (tcsh-6.07.02) doesn't seem to work properly anymore (it
doesn't format my prompt correctly etc.)

any thoughts ?

cheers,
Carey Nairn