Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 1996 08:50:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Owens <owensc@enc.edu>
To:        David Langford <root@dihelix.com>, David Langford <langfod@dihelix.com>
Cc:        wollman@lcs.mit.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Keeping multiple servers at -stable

On Thu, 21 Mar 1996, David Langford wrote:

> The other way would be to mount your targets on your source machine
>
> and do a "make DESTDIR=/mount/target_machine SHARED=copies hierarchy install"
>
> This way all your /usr/share/mk files and programs can be in sync
> with the code tree.

Could you explain what you mean by this last sentence?

Also, what affect does the SHARED=copies declaration have?

Thanks,
---
  Charles Owens					 Email:  owensc@enc.edu
                                       "I read somewhere to learn is to
  Information Technology Services     remember... and I've learned that
  Eastern Nazarene College            we've all forgot..."   - King's X