Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 18:41:36 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D8ystein_Andreassen?= <oystein.andreassen@systec.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, "'sbailey@speakeasy.net'" <sbailey@speakeasy.net>
Subject:   RE: Problems with CD-Rom install

Hi!

(First: you should really drop the HTML mails to this list before =
someone
who uses a text-only mail reader gets to you :)

I would have tried with an IDE CD-ROM. I have seen some CD-ROMs that =
won't
boot from (home)burned CD's. It could also be something wrong with the
CD or your SCSI/BIOS boot settings. BIOS must have SCSI as primary
boot device and the SCSI controller must have CD-BOOT enabled.

I don't think this problem has anything to do with FreeBSD itself.

The state of the disk has nothing to do with it. So, NO you don't
need to prepear the disk.

Hope this helps! :)

=D8ystein