Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 1997 17:44:52 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jbryant@tfs.net
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Maintainer of ft/lft

> HOW CAN YOU BE SO F***ING IGNORANT???
>
> As one in QIC observer status [check the QIC mailing list], I can
> assure you that by sheer numbers alone, the vast majority of tape
> drives in existance are QIC-117 compatable...
>
> need i say anything else???

Yeah.  Explain why PIO to a chip without a FIFO to a drive where
the manufacturers try to "unique feature" each other to death (thereby
causing driver level incompatability) is a good thing?

Do I need to go into the whole "VHS sucks, but it still won over Beta"
discussion again?

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org