Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:50:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To:        "LinuxExpo.Net Editor" <editor@LinuxExpo.Net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Exhibitor preview of Linux World

Hi Kathy,

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, LinuxExpo.Net Editor wrote:

> I guess I'll take a print out of your note and show it to the folks at
> the booth and explain it's all we got as a response to an offer to
> promote your group.

The problem is you did not send the email to the developers of FreeBSD,
nor Walnut Creek, the primary distributor, but to a mailing list designed
to answer users' questions about FreeBSD.  This list is populated by a
large number of new users and a few experienced users to help the new
people, but is not (primarily) populated by the core group of developers
due to the low signal to noise ratio.

Your email would have been better sent to freebsd-core or at least
freebsd-advocacy.  The -core address would have gotten you the core group
of developers.  At this point, I would recommend you contact Jordan
Hubbard directly at jkh@freebsd.org.

I'm sorry this occurred - as with anything, you don't always get
represented well by users.  This user is not officially associated with
the FreeBSD core team and I would hope that you don't hold it against us
(not that I'm any more officially associated than he was - I am however
associated w/ Daemon News, a BSD ezine and have contributed work to the
FreeBSD project).

Brett
Dr. Brett Taylor         brett@peloton.runet.edu    *
Dept of Chem and Physics			    *
Curie 39A	(540) 831-6147                      *
Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics		    *
Walker 234	(540) 831-5410			    *