Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 22:45:12 -0500
From:      Jim Pirzyk <pirzyk@faf.disney.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   rsh/rlogin/rcp/rdist problems

I have been having this problem for a while now and I cannot seem to solve it.
When I rsh/rlogin, I am getting wierd error messages, not the ones related
to not having a .rhosts file or anything like that.  Here they are:

pirzyk@amigo:~/src/startup
17>rlogin snoopy
rlogind: Permission denied.
pirzyk@amigo:~/src/startup
18>rsh snoopy df
select: protocol failure in circuit setup
pirzyk@amigo:~/src/startup
19>make dist-snoopy
( cd; rdist -y -f /home/pirzyk/src/startup/Distfile -m snoopy )
updating host snoopy
rcmd: snoopy.faf.disney.com: No such file or directory
updating host snoopy
rcmd: snoopy.faf.disney.com: Address already in use
updating host snoopy
rcmd: snoopy.faf.disney.com: Address already in use
updating host snoopy
rcmd: snoopy.faf.disney.com: Address already in use
pirzyk@amigo:~/src/startup
20>rcp Makefile snoopy:/tmp
rcmd: snoopy.faf.disney.com: Undefined error: 0

Any idea on where I should look to fix this?  I cannot say when it showed
(or to take it farther, what I did to cause it to break in the first place).

snoopy is defined in my /etc/hosts file and telnet works fine, but I would
like to be able to rcp/rsh/rdist to the host and I can no longer.

TIA

- Jim Pirzyk
--- @(#) $Id: dot.signature,v 1.3 1996/01/25 02:07:09 pirzyk Exp $
[Jim] pirzyk@fa.disney.com --------------------------------            __o
System Administrator, Walt Disney Feature Animation Florida          _'\<,_
at Disney MGM Studios                                               (*)/ (*)