Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:28:14 +0530
From:      "Kshitij Gunjikar" <kshitijgunjikar@yahoo.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   IP input  Options processing

Hi All,
  I have a question in the IP input code. If we are able to find the next
for a source routed packet why do we change the destination address of the
packet.

  in the file ip_input.c  we have the code

                      ip->ip_dst = ipaddr.sin_addr;
                     (void)memcpy(cp + off, &(IA_SIN(ia)->sin_addr),
                            sizeof(struct in_addr));
                        cp[IPOPT_OFFSET] += sizeof(struct in_addr);
                        /*
                         * Let ip_intr's mcast routing check handle mcast
pkts
                         */
                        forward = !IN_MULTICAST(ntohl(ip->ip_dst.s_addr));
                        break;

Regards
Kshitij