Date:      Tue, 03 Sep 2002 05:53:51 -0400
From:      "Bill Drescher" <bill@techservsys.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   help with subnetting

I have two LANS at different locations.
LAN A has IP numbers in the range of 192.168.10.1-20
LAN B has IP numbers in the range of 192.168.10.99-120
I want to connect them using a VPN, but that requires that they be on
separate subnets.

I figure I can use for LAN A:
192.168.10.0  netmask 255.255.255.192
and for LAN B:
192.168.10.64 netmask 255.255.255.192

BUT, being a neophyte at network topology, I would like someone who knows
more than I to confirm or to show me the errors of my ways.  I don't want to
put these into the routers (Netgear FVS 318) and lock myself out (again !)