Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2001 09:14:44 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Should we keep the vim5 port?

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 01:15:02PM +0100, Jose M. Alcaide wrote:
> I agree with your objections to GTK. However, IMHO there is another reason
> for defaulting to GTK: there are *lots* of ports (besides GNOME itself)
> which depend on GTK; on the contrary, there are less ports needing
> OpenMotif

And that is because more people are giving up (like me) and switching
software to using GNOME.  But perhaps you have not considered that this
is the *same* reasoning and situation we have today were many shops
are moving from Unix to M$-Windows.  So sorry, this argument carries zero
weight with me (in fact it acutally carries negative weight as I don't
want to be wrapped up in the killing of Motif(and Unix)).