Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 1996 13:02:42 +0100
From:      Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        andreas@knobel.gun.de (Andreas Klemm), jkh@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help! tex/latex ports problem

and has now become one of the best TeX/LaTe>X dist IMO.

> > Christoph, I have a port in the queue. Finished it this evening...
> > Only some littel problems, got xtexsh not running, possibly I have
> > the wrong TCL/TK version installed. And the configuration of teTeX
> > doesn't run with freebsd's dialog utility in fullscreen mode
> > (Jordan ?!). But you can use texconfig in batch mode or modify
> > the config files directly.
> >
> > 	Andreas ///
>
> Thanks for the appendix. I did already try teTeX (grabbed the binary dist
> from our local sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de) - the only thing
> I found making sense to me was texconfig - I started it,
> failed miserably and threw in the towel on it.

Well .. RTFM :), (I admit it is a bit hidden in the tree
                  $TEXMF/texconfig/README)

You have to set DIALOG_TERM to xterm to make it work in an xterm,
I just checked to see if it works on the console, but it doesn't
you can set it to vt100, but that doesn't work either for the console.

Regards,
Marc.

Marc van Kempen                 BowTie Technology
Email: marc@bowtie.nl            WWW & Databases
tel. +31 40 2 43 20 65
fax. +31 40 2 44 21 86         http://www.bowtie.nl