Date:      Wed, 22 Aug 2007 06:37:08 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Steve Bertrand <iaccounts@ibctech.ca>
Cc:        mattr@eagle.ca, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DJBDNS && IPv6

Steve Bertrand wrote:
>> - is there a special way that I need to use tinydns-conf to create a new
>> 'server'
>>
>> - what should a proper v6 entry look like in the data file
>>
>> My research has told me that I should have new 'v6' type binaries in the
>> ./bin directory, but I do not see those.
>
> To answer my own question, and to ensure quality in the archive, thanks
> to this:
>
> http://tomclegg.net/djbdns-ipv6
>
> I managed to solve my own question.
>
> I had to:
>
> # echo WITH_IPV6=yes >> /etc/make.conf
>
> ...and now I have:
>
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  78 Aug 21 20:58 add-alias6
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  77 Aug 21 20:58 add-host6
>
> ...which is what I was looking for.
>
> I don't know what ramifications leaving this in the /etc/make.conf file
> will have on future ports, so if someone can answer that, it would be great!

'WITH_IPV6' inserted into /etc/make.conf in the way you show will
enable IPv6 support in all ports that offer the capability.  It's
the recognised flag for that purpose and documented as such in
/usr/ports/KNOBS.

If you want to limit the effect to a single port, then you can use a
construction like this in /etc/make.conf:

.if ${.CURRDIR:M*/dns/djbdns}
WITH_IPV6=	YES
.fi

Also look at ports-mgmt/portsconf which lets you achieve the same
end but using a different syntax which you may find easier to deal
with.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

- --