Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:31:00 +0800
From:      SCS Shen Ren <ShenRen@sbell.com.cn>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>

Hello ,

         I'm trying to install the FBSD 2.2.6 for X86 . But everytime when I
finish installation
without any error or warning and reboot the machine , the booting process
will stop
at the end of probing .  It says " npx0 : int16 interface
                                               changing Root device to
st1s2a
                                               Pinic: cannot mount root  "

then automatically reboot .

I installed the BSD on a seagate SCSI HD , and create a patition of 400M as
the " / " , a patition of
128M as swap .

I really need some instruct .

Thanks a lot .