Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 1997 22:59:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steve Ames <steve@vic.cioe.com>
To:        steve@vic.cioe.com, web@merit.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: radius and cisco

> I've got a cisco 2511 running Cisco IOS 11.1.9. I've got it configured to
> run radius. Compile radius straight out of the ports directory. Modified
> the clients and users files and ran radiusd. So far so good. Telnetted over
> to the 2511 and got %Access Denied. *sigh*

I turned on cisco debugging and got these informative results:

Radius: Initial Transmit id 55 204.120.165.37:1645, Access-Request, len 79
        Attribute 4 6 CC78A527
        Attribute 5 6 00000002
        Attribute 61 6 00000000
        Attribute 1 7 73746576
        Attribute 31 16 3230342E
        Attribute 2 18 E27861FD
Radius: Received from id 55 204.120.165.37:1645, Access-Reject, len 46
        Attribute 18 26 41757468
Radius: Reply for 55 fails decrypt

And debugging on the radius server end reveals that the password received
by the server is not encrypted properly either. Is this a key problem?
Does one system or the other think that they key is wrong?

					-Steve