Date:      Fri, 5 May 2000 09:43:59 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jeremy Shaffner <jer@jorsm.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Security Alert: Big Brother exploit (fwd)

I hate when I do that.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 08:33:44 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jeremy Shaffner <jer@jorsm.com>
To: billf@FreeBSD.org
Cc: ports@jorsm.com

Just in case you don't already know.

One of the things that bothers me about the BB port is that it doesn't
create a "nobody" user to run as.  In my installations I've created a
"bigbro" user (uid 1984 of course) and installed it under /home/bigbro.  I
know the Port can't (ie shouldn't) install there, but have you considered
creating a user? (with one of the free uid's according to
handbook/porting.html)

Thanks,

---
Jeremy Shaffner