Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 10:00:16 -0400
From:      Chris <kingsqueak@kingsqueak.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: digital camera

Just a quick .02, the SanDisk SDDR-31 USB reader dongle works very
nicely in both FreeBSD and linux.  FreeBSD GENERIC picked it right up
as a usb mass storage device. Just make sure you get the exact model,
they'd changed the chipsets in the others they offer and last I saw
were not cooperating too well with the specs.

This is the best option with the cameras, don't know about you but an
expensive camera tethered on yet another cable is just a pain, and the
risk of wives and dangling cables is just too high ;-).  Cats like the
cables too it would seem.

Writing this on my 'tripped over busted up Megahertz with dongle
card".

*Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.ORG> [010618 23:05]: