Date:      Wed, 22 Aug 2001 23:43:12 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@freebsd.org>
To:        gibbs@scsiguy.com
Cc:        wguynes@mav.net, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysinstall won't read drive, even though scsi controller is detected

> Hmm.  Yes, it seems that the SCSI driver is working correctly.
> I don't know why sysinstall isn't picking up the fact that the
> drive is there.  You'll have to ask one of the sysinstall gurus.
> Jordan?  Are you still the current sysinstall guru?

I'd say there are at least a few of those now, but I can say that if
the drives don't show up it's because they failed to open for some
reason (libdisk(3)'s disk open routine runs down the list of
possibilities and returns those targets which can be found).  If they
fail to open, it's generally because they're not really as "there" as
the probe messages might have intimated.

- Jordan