Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 19:56:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Joseph M. Scott" <jmscott@ainet.com>
To:        James Johnson <jjohnson@spry.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP Redirect Question

	I don't think that -alias in PPP will support redirection ( if it
does I'd like to know too :-).

	What I've got at home is basically the same thing ( with 2.2.7 &
win95 machine ).  I use natd in conjunction with ppp to do the
redirection.  So far it's worked very well.  Redirecting http is no
problem.  I have had a problem redirecting ftp however.  It works if you
use passive ftp, but I believe that's the only way it works.  The bad
part is I don't think any of the browsers ( Netscape & IE ) support
passive ftp.

	Natd isn't too hard to setup, take a look at the man page and the
basic setup should get you going.  You'll want to pay special attention
to the redirect_port section.

Joseph Scott
jmscott@ainet.com