Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 1995 10:20:57 +0200
From:      William Wanders <wwanders@sci.kun.nl>
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de
Cc:        didier@aida.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCVT for Freebsd 2.05 How ?

   Date: Mon, 07 Aug 1995 09:51:21 +0200 (MET DST)
   From: Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
   Cc: questions@freebsd.org

   > Is it possible to install PCVT in FreeBSD.2.05 ?

   It's on the 2.0.5 CD and you can enable it by enabling
   two or three option lines (see the LINT kernel) and disabling
   the syscons (sc0) line.

   > How do I configure the driver ?

   Good question. I would like to see an anwser, too :-)
   pcvt may have a good vt220 emulation but when it comes to a
   man page (wrt to configuring keymaps and screenmaps) it
   really sucks. The man page is full of programming information
   but it's missing some control program (like kdbcontrol).

Take a look at the the sources of pcvt (Not the kernel sources)
i believe there is a tarball in the incoming dir with the newest
release of pcvt. It contains much more documentation and some
nice examples on how to configure PCVT as an HP or DEC like
vt220. I think the rc.local file should really be updated
to detect PCCONS/PCVT support.

William.