Date:      Tue, 19 May 1998 10:22:09 +0200 (CEST)
From:      hans@brandinnovators.com (Hans Zuidam)
To:        paterno@dsi.unifi.it (Ugo Paternostro)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
Subject:   Re: 2.2.5R crashes with ah2940W & WangDAT 3100

> Ugo Paternostro wrote:
> And what's *AFTER* this?
WARNING: / was not properly dismounted. ;-)

> This disappeared when I switched to "Termination OFF" (I had both the internal
> and external chain).
I'll give that a try.  As far as I can tell from the brilliant
Adaptech documentation I have my termination correctly setup.

> Doug White wrote:
> Well, the daily maintenance does run at 2am and it checks the mounted
> devices with df.  Are you mounting your devices in a funny way or are
> forgetting to umount your disks before removing them?
Nothing out of the ordinary.  It might have been that I removed a CDROM
without unmounting first.

Thanks for the tips,
					Hans

--
H. Zuidam                        E-Mail: hans@brandinnovators.com
Brand Innovators B.V.            P-Mail: P.O. Box 1377