Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 1997 20:01:12 +0100
From:      "Mariusz Potocki" <potok@free.polbox.pl>
To:        Doug Jolley <doug@bigwheel.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mounting CD-ROM

> I have just installed version 2.2.2 of FreeBSD using a Mitsumi 8X
> CD-ROM.  Thereafter, I did a post-installation install of the kernel
> source, again using the CD-ROM.  That tells me that
> /stand/sysinstall is not having any trouble mounting the CD-ROM.
> However, I can't seem to mount the CD-ROM manually.  Commands like:
>
>      mount -r -t cd9660 /dev/mcd0a /cdrom
>
> Give me a "Device not configured" error.  Obviously I must be
> doing something wrong in light of the success of /stand/sysinstall.
> If anyone could tell me what it is, I'd appreciate it.

I think, that your CD drive has IDE interface.
Don't look at brand name. If you plug this drive directly to
motherboard it must be IDE.
Try mount /cdrom.
If you have in fstab line /dev/wcd cd9660 ro noauto 0 0 (if I
rebember) it should mount your drive.
If not try mount -t cd9660 /dev/wcd  /cdrom.

> Thanks very much.
>
>      ... doug
> _ Doug Jolley    mailto://doug@bigwheel.net
> http://www.bigwheel.net
>          Don't bogart that file, my friend.  Net it over to me.
> -

Mariusz
        "verba volant, scripta manent"