Date:      Sat, 3 Sep 2011 04:00:21 GMT
From:      "Dieter BSD" <dieterbsd@engineer.com>
To:        freebsd-firewire@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/144843: [firewire] fwcontrol(8) -S causes kernel panic

The following reply was made to PR kern/144843; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Dieter BSD" <dieterbsd@engineer.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Cc: freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 23:51:48 -0400

 Sean writes:
 > I think that this panic looks like this?
 >
 > -bash-4.2# fwcontrol -u 0 -S file.dv
 > NTSC
 > pa01nic: vm_phys_alloc_contig: alignment must be a power of 2

 That certainly looks like a panic.  Do you get the same
 power of 2 alignment one every time?  As you can see in the PR,
 I got at least 2 different panics. (seems odd)  Mine didn't
 say anything about power of 2 alignment, unless the first one did.

 Does compiling the 8.x fwcontrol with a 7.x compiler avoid the
 panic for you?