Date:      Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:26:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
Cc:        "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.org>, current <current@FreeBSD.org>, multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: it's time...

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote:

:* an rc.audio or rc.multimedia (this could perhaps contain some bt484
:related things).
:
:But if it goes into "the" rc.conf, that would mean that whenever it runs
:at shutdown, it edits rc.conf; this isn't IMO a real great idea.
:Anything automated (even sysinstall) editing rc.conf in any way shape or
:form makes me leery because it's so much more error prone.

Why not create such a file, and update it whenever a change is made?  The
settings are always in whatever state you last set them to, no matter when
it was, and you don't have to race shutdown.

Jamie Bowden

--

If we've got to fight over grep, sign me up.  But boggle can go.
	-Ted Faber (on Hasbro's request for removal of /usr/games/boggle)