Date:      Wed, 26 May 2004 15:07:06 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Gao=20Long?= <urgaolong@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   dancing with the daemon

I used the splash module which to splash a picture at boot time . As I

am not so satisfied with it , I want to animate it : give it a movie at boot

time.

It need some extra work than just load the splash module .

first , it need a cold boot timer , as the soft clock interrupt will not be

scheduled at cold boot time .

second , we need to load more than one pictures at boot time.

and finally we have to start and stop it at any time we wanted.

while , I am sure now I have proved it is pratical , I let the kernel execute

the soft clock interrupt handler function at cold boot time . and splashed

two different pictures at boot time , letting the daemon walked a little :)

without any twinkled delay , even when not optimised now.

There are still some things to do to accomplish it , it there any one who

is already doing it ? Or could I get any kind of suggestions ?