Date:      Mon, 07 Jun 1999 01:00:28 +0800
From:      fuse <fuse@mail.zd.dhs.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   probing device.....no end?

Hi

I just buy a new machine:PII400/GIGA BXIIE motherboard/
256M RAM/IBM 10.1G HD

When I install FreeBSD 3.0/3.1/2.6, all the installation
failed when the blue screen appears saying:
"Probing device, this may take a long time, please wait..."

ok, I wait for hours, and no more response.

I had changed the hard disk to a smaller one, and this time,
the whole hard disk install only freebsd, but everything is
the same: probing and no more response.

NetBSD 1.4, Redhat 6.0, Win98 can be install on it very well.

Does the FreeBSD don't support my motherboard?

Does anyone would give me advice on it?

Thanks in advance!

Geng Chenge.