Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:35:54 -0400
From:      "Jim Stapleton" <stapleton.41@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   free-bsd's mount_smbfs having issues with EMC Celerra

I'm trying to connect my FreeBSD notebook to some shares at work,
which are on an EMC Celerra box, which uses the windows SMB protocol,
but I keep getting an odd error, which right now I'm suspecting is an
incompatability between the two, and I was wondering if anyone here
has had previous experience with this:

1) I can mount_smbfs shares on my windows desktop at home
2) People here can mount drives on the celerra box from Windows and Linux
3) Every time I try to map a share from FreeBSD, I get the error:
"mount_smbfs: unable to
open connection: resource temporarily unavailable"

And no, I am not installing windows/linux on my notebook to get this
(and sound) working, each has it's own issues which make it much worse
for my uses. :-P

Thanks
-Jim Stapleton