Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 23:29:12 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        Mike <mike@mikesweb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrading via cvsup

On 7/18/00, 9:10:04 PM, Mike <mike@mikesweb.com> wrote regarding=20
upgrading via cvsup:

> Can I upgrade servers from 3.x to 4.x via cvsup and get good results?

> Thanks
> Mike

Dear Mike,

I would upgrade one (powerful enough) machine, probably in a couple of=20
steps just to be on the safest side, then I would perform a series of=20
test on it; finally, if indeed satisfied, I would upgrade the other=20
machines via the test one.

There have (even recently) been a few threads on this topic (e.g.=20
"Multiple NFS installworld", in the -STABLE forum); which topic is=20
also hinted at in the handbook (chapter "make world").=20

Good luck,
Salvo