Date:      Wed, 04 Mar 1998 13:31:36 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Paul Barriscale <barrisca@freedom.ucc.ie>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   freebsd install

The installation seems to be hanging for some reason just at the start of
installion. I have (had) windows 95 on my disk. I partitioned the disk
drive using partition magic anyway I ended up removing the file allocation
table FAT, so i couldn't read windows 95 partition. I then proceeded to
format it and decided just to install freebsd on its own. I got through
the entire process including making file systems /usr /var and so on. When
I had selected all the packages I wanted I went to install it. For some
reason then it just hanged at the first file, xzoom.tgz i think.
message at the bottom read xzoom.tgz read successful opening pack (001)
something close to that. And the hard disk light was on all the time while
it hanged which was for about 10 minutes. Could there be something wrong
with the CD. I bought it from Micro Mail in Cork Ireland. Can you please
help. Thanks. I currently have absolutely nothing left on my machine.
Paul Barriscale
barrisca@freedom.ucc.ie