Date:      Mon, 16 Nov 1998 23:39:23 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG, newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   New version of Doc. Proj. primer for comment

Folks,

[x-post to -doc and -newbies]

I've uploaded a new version of my primer for people who are thinking
of contributing to the Documentation Project. It's at

    <URL:http://www.freebsd.org/~nik/primer/index.html>;

I'd be grateful if people could take a look at it. Large chunks of it
are incomplete, waiting for me to work some more on it. However, barring
major criticisms, I'll commit this to the CVS tree in the next couple of
days so that other people can work on it as well.

Folks in -newbies, I'm particularly interested in comments relating to
the SGML primer (section 2) and DocBook (section 4.2) bits. Are these
easy to understand (particularly if you've never seen HTML), does it
make sense, are the examples useful?

Many thanks for your comments,

	    C.R.F. Consulting -- we're run to make me richer. . .