Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 1996 10:19:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      fmayhar@platsol.com (Frank Mayhar)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Making iijppp on 2.1(.5)-STABLE work with NT PPP?

I need to make iijppp on 2.1-STABLE talk to a Windows NT system running PPP.
It doesn't do logins, it wants to use CHAP, but I've been mucking with it
and haven't made it work.  Has anyone done this?  How did you configure
things on each end?

The problem I'm seeing is, first, that after dialing completes, it just
sits waiting for NT to start negotiation, which never happens.  I can force
it, though, by doing a 'close', getting into term, then going back to packet
mode with "~p".  When I do that, I see a config reject from _both_ ends,
rejecting the "c223" protocol, which happens to be CHAP.  I've scratched
my head, and am waiting for the guy that configured the NT system to find
docs for it, but in the meantime I thought I would ask this list, in case
someone has already solved the problem.  I need it to work yesterday, and
it doesn't look like it will work until next week at the earliest, if then.

Any help would be _very_ appreciated.  Thanks.
--
Frank Mayhar  fmayhar@platsol.com
              Platinum Solutions, Inc.