Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 16:56:12 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Adrian Penisoara <ady@warpnet.ro>
To:        Cory Kempf <ckempf@enigami.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What is a BSP, and why does SMP panic about it?

Hi,

On 11 Oct 1998, Cory Kempf wrote:

> When I attempted to boot, I got a panic: no BSP found.
>
> Uh, what is a BSP, and where can they be found?

 AFAIK it's BootS*** Processor (??) -- meaning the processor that will run
the boot code.
 I believe you'll need to change the CPU to the other socket (it should
read CPU0 or something like that on the motherboard diagram).

 This is just a supposition, theoretically the machine shouldn't even boot
up if the CPU was placed in the wrong socket ??

> Thanks,
>
> +C
> --
> Thinking of purchasing RAM from the Chip Merchant?
> Please read this first: <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/chipmerchant.html>;
>
> Cory Kempf                Macintosh / Unix Consulting & Software Development
> ckempf@enigami.com        <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/>;

 Just my $0.02
 Ady (@freebsd.ady.ro)