Date:      Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:26:35 +0200
From:      vittorio <vdemart1@tin.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updating freebsd without cvsup

Alle 18:27, venerd=C3=AC 16 settembre 2005, Ashley Moran ha scritto:
> Vittorio wrote:
> > Thanks.
> > I've just compiled the portsnap sources and put the following
> > in /usr/local/etc/portsnap.conf:
> >
> > # Defaults:
> > WORKDIR=3D/usr/local/portsnap
> > PORTSDIR=3D/usr/ports
> > KEYPRINT=3D9b5feee6d69f170e3dd0a2c8e469ddbd64f13f978f2f3aede40c98633216=
c330
> > URL=3Dhttp://portsnap.daemonology.net
> >
> > BUT
> >
> > # portsnap fetch
> > Fetching
> > public key... failed.
> >
> > What's wrong with the original key in the
> > portsnap.conf.sample file?
> >
> > Thanks again
> > Vittorio
>
> The key is fine.  Perhaps you need to run portsnap as
>
> # HTTP_PROXY=3D<your proxy> portsnap fetch
>
> to get round your proxy

Well, after thourough examination and a word with the network administrator=
 I=20
learnt that my FreeBSD 5.4 client cannot resolve the name (and the IP too) =
of=20
portsnap.daemonology.net because it is behind a firewall and a proxy (which=
=20
=2Dby the way - I had already defined via both $HTTP_PROXY and $http_proxy;=
 as=20
I stated in so doing "make install" under a port works flawlessly downloadi=
ng=20
whatever is needed!).
According to the admin (windows 2000 network) portsnap is not able to use t=
he=20
name resolution of the proxy as other programs like browsers can and relies=
=20
on the nameservers in /etc/resolv.conf only.
Any idea for this poor newbie?
Ciao
Vittorio=20