Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 1996 21:47:18 -0800
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        julian@whistle.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup not even hinted at on web pages

In article <328CCA0F.2781E494@whistle.com> you write:
> there are plenty of mentions of SUP
> but none for cvsup..
> I think we should conver them over and have a special cvsup
> page.
>
> (I'm trying to convert but the info isn't easy to find from the web)
> (next I'm going to search the mail archives)

There is a brief mention of CVSup as an option in the FreeBSD
handbook, section "17. Synchronizing source trees over the Internet",
thanks to Jordan.  I told him I'd flesh it out a long time ago,
but I just haven't gotten around to it.

If anybody is willing to put this together, I'll be very grateful,
and I'll do my best to provide whatever answers you need.  The cvsup(1)
man page might be a reasonable place to start.  With a little
reformatting into SGML, it could fit into the web pages reasonably.

A FAQ is also desperately needed, hint hint. :-)

John