Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 08:08:03 +0200
From:      Marc Silver <marcs@draenor.org>
To:        R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@speakeasy.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: apache permissions

Hey there Joseph,

There are a few ways to do this.  Probably the most effective way to do
it would be to create another group with write priviliges to the 'data'
directory so that you (and users of your choice) can edit the pages
there.  To do that you'll need to do something like:

Add a new group to /etc/group similar to this one for instace:
webadmin:*:1002:user1,user2,user3

Next, you'll need to chmod all the files and directories inside of your
data directory to be writeable by your new group.  :)

You can use the find and chmod commands to do this nice and quickly.

Cheers,
Marc